Tofu Ideas

Hi Y'all!

On a recent visit to my daughters at UC Berkeley we ate lunch in a nearby
healthy fast food restaurant, Smart Alec's. They served a baked tofu and
avocado sandwich that was delicious! The tofu patty was brownish and I'm sure
had been marinated in something, but what? Does anyone have any good
suggestions for baked tofu? Should it be extra firm? I've tried freezing tofu
with no noticable change in texture. Our favorite vegetarian restaurant
serves chewy-textured delicious tofu strips in stir-fry dishes, but they
admit they deep fry them--horrors!

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Jennifer in Long Beach