Ratatouille with Yves ground round

Just to show that I am not above using canned and prepackaged products 8-),
as long as there is some real food in there, too. This is a derivative of
the microwave ratatouille that was posted here a few years ago. I love it
and make it whenever zucchini and eggplant are decent around here.

1 eggplant, cubed
1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
1 onion, coarsely chopped
2-5 cloves of garlic, minced (we like garlic)
A handful of mushrooms, sliced
1 28-oz can of diced tomatoes, separated
1 package of Yves ground round, preferably Italian (this is a soy product,
for those who are unfamiliar with it).

Put the fresh veggies in a large, microwaveable casserole with a
tight-fitting lid. Cover with the tomatoes, without the juice. Cover and
microwave on HIGH for 25-30 minutes. Add in the juice and the crumbled
ground round, and mix well. Let sit for a few minutes, et voila. The ground
round is pretty well spiced so I don't usually bother adding anything else.
We generally eat it with brown rice or a mixture of whole grains. Protein,
veggies, carbohydrates, all in one. Very low on the WW points, too, and best
of all, delicious!

Be well, Hadass

--
Dr. Hadass Eviatar (XX)				mailto:eviatar@xxxxxxxxxx
National Research Council of Canada		Phone: (204) 984 - 4542