getting used to Tofu

It took us a while to get used to the texture of tofu.  We started eating it
in the following recipe:

TLT - tofu-lettuce-tomato
Cut a block of extra firm tofu into 1/4 inch slices, lay them on a plate not
touching, coat with a little soy sauce for color and flavor, and nuke them on
high in the microwave at least 10 minutes until the texture is firm.  Use
like bacon with lettuce, and tomato on toast.  For a dressing I use extra
virgin olive oil, but I guess you could use fat free mayo.  Our kids liked
these TLT sandwiches very much.