Recipe: Baked plantains with lime and chili powder

Second time I've made [and enjoyed] this. This time I'm remembering to
send it along to the list....last time I meant to but forgot.

Adapted from a 1998 NY Times article which adapted it from
"Uncommon Fruits and Vegetables" by Elizabeth Schneider

Baked Plantains with Lime and Chili

4 medium yellowish brown plantains
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (or more)
1/2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
salt

1. Preheat oven to 375. Trim ends from plantains and cut a slit
   lengthwise along the plantain. Arrange with slit side up and bake
   on a pan or cookie sheet for 30-40 minutes or until they are creamy
   and soft.

2. Remove from oven and let cool until you can remove the peels. Slice
   into 1/2" rounds (or do on diagonal for something a little more
   interesting) and put in a pie pan or something you can put back in
   the oven. Sprinkle with lime juice, chili powder, and salt and
   mix gently. Put back into oven to warm up and help some of the
   flavors meld. 4 side dish servings. (You can serve it with a
   sprinkle more of chili for decoration and maybe some lime wedges so
   that it won't look so barren.)