Winter Spiced Fruit Compote

Hello everyone,
   Here is a recipe for a pudding that can be served hot or cold.
On a personal level, does anyone have any information on the low fat
vegetarian/vegan diet for Type 2 Diabetes. I know this is OT so could
you reply privately with any tips as I don't know where to start!
Winter Spiced Fruit Compote
500g pack of frozen Black Forest fruits defrosted
125g/4oz caster sugar
150ml/1/4 pint red wine
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Fat free creme fraiche or yoghurt to serve
ground cinnamon to decorate

Place fruits in a large pan and add sugar, red wine and spices.
Heat mixture gently for 5 mins until the sugar dissolves, then bring to
Reduce heat and simmer for and simmer for 15 mins
Leave to cool
Serve with fatfree creme fraiche or fatfree yoghurt and a sprinkle of