phyllo dough

Hi,
I have used phyllo fatfree using eggwhites at the binder
between each layer of the dough. It does work.  For us
vegans, I don't know what to use for fatfree versions.

Hard to manipulate? well a little, you can buy it frozen,
let thaw in the fridge, several days, then to use, keep the
unused portion constantly covered with a slightly damp (not
dripping wet) towel.  Then, instead of painting each layer
with butter, just use lightly whipped eggwhites, maybe a
teaspoon of water per white.

Jan