Ginger Vegetables

From:  The Quick and Easy Organic Gourmet
This is good over rice with an extra splash of Tamari sprinkled over it.

Ginger Vegetables

1 T. mirin
1 tsp. tamarri or umeboshi vinegar
a dab if you wish of sesame oil (I think that is allowed on this list in dab
quantity, I think it can be left out of this recipe, no prob.)
1/2 cup water
2 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
1 carrot, sliced into match sticks
6-8 inch daikon radish or piece, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
5 cabbage leaves, sliced into thin bite-size pieces
5 kale leaves, cut into bite-sized pieces

Heat wok or fry pan, add mirin, (dab oil if used), water and tamari.  Then
add ginger, daikon and carrot.  Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.  Add celery,
kale and cabbage.  Cover and cook for 5 minutes.  Taste and adjust the
seasonings or cook longer if you want the vegetables more tender.

1. You can change the vegetable combination to leeks, carrots, celery, turnip
and Chinese cabbage.
2. Make up your own vegetable combinations.  Choose at least 1 green leafy
vegetable or sea vegetable.

Serves 4-6; Time:  12 minutes