What to do with Brewer's Yeast?

<LOL> It sounds like you got it right the first time, though.  Susan posted
a great description to take to that Brewer's yeast health food store.

A note on Brewer's yeast, though.  Years ago I read that Brewer's yeast
changed the chemistry in an animal's body and essentially made him taste bad
to fleas.
I put a bowl of Brewer's yeast down beside my cats' food (I have 4 large,
gorgeous, sweet cats).  For 15 (?) years now they've licked at it and eaten
it as though  it were just another little bit of food.
I've not had a flea in all that time.  So if it doesn't work, my
bug-repelling mental powers are stronger than I thought!

Christine