Grow your own Ginger

For fresh ginger the year round you can take a lumpy, bumpy bit of ginger
root (I always look for a bit that has fresh looking buds on the bumps).
Plant it in well draining soil in a small pot with good drainage.  Keep it
moist, but not soaked.  Mist it several times a day if you live in low
humidity or A/C.  I grown mine in a south window shaded by large trees. When
it is about 12" high you can uproot it, pull off some bumps to cook with,
and replant.  It's a pretty little plant and except for the humidity, quite
forgiving.  Fresh ginger also can be grated and then frozen.

Martha