Pressing Tofu

 WCDancer
I have always had a problem with the texture of tofu so I learned this trick
(don't remember where).  I cut a block of very firm tofu into thirds, wrap
and freeze the pieces.  Tofu freezes well.  Then I put the frozen piece of
tofu in the microwave and cook on high for 10 minutes.  This cooks out a lot
of water.  Even then there is still a lot of water and I press it out.  Then
I slice or cube it and saute it in chicken broth, or soy sauce or a spritz of
canola oil.  This amount of tofu is enough for two people.  Any more and I
think the fat content is a little high for the protein.
John