Light Oatmeal Bread

To Annabel in South Australia, and other no-added-fat
bread bakers,
This recipe is from "More Bread Machine Magic", by
Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.

1 1/4 to 1 3/8 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or "one
minute" oats
2 3/4 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

The recipe says "On most machines, this loaf baked up
best on the rapid bake cycle (anything less than 3
hours).  If that's not the case with yours, then
switch to the regular bake cycle.

Both my mother-in-law and dinner party guests have
said this bread is great.

Annabel, I don't know where you are from in
SouthAustralia, but my husband and I spent 6 weeks in
Melbourne in 1988.  Although not yet vegetarians, our
very favorite restaurant was the place called Gopal or
Gopals.  Do you know whether it is still there?