Light Oatmeal Bread

To Annabel in South Australia, and other no-added-fat
bread bakers,
This recipe is from "More Bread Machine Magic", by
Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.

1 1/4 to 1 3/8 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or "one
minute" oats
2 3/4 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

The recipe says "On most machines, this loaf baked up
best on the rapid bake cycle (anything less than 3
hours).  If that's not the case with yours, then
switch to the regular bake cycle.

Both my mother-in-law and dinner party guests have
said this bread is great.

Annabel, I don't know where you are from in
SouthAustralia, but my husband and I spent 6 weeks in
Melbourne in 1988.  Although not yet vegetarians, our
very favorite restaurant was the place called Gopal or
Gopals.  Do you know whether it is still there?

Do You Yahoo!?