Jerk Tofu

Hi everyone,
At the deli department in our local Whole Foods today I bought a small amount
of Jerk Tofu to taste and hopefully analyze to repeat in my own kitchen.  It
was incredibly good - what a taste sensation!  I know part of that was
because, sadly,  it has oil in it, but I would be interested to see if anyone
can tell me how to do this without the oil.  The ingredients they list are:
firm tofu
sweet potato
canola oil
sea salt
black pepper
jamaican jerk sauce
Also, is jerk sauce always vegetarian or could it contain other "stuff"?
Thanks in advance for comments/suggestions.
Ruth in Chicago 'Burbs, bracing for 6-12" of white fluff tonight