Jerk Tofu

Hi everyone,
At the deli department in our local Whole Foods today I bought a small amount
of Jerk Tofu to taste and hopefully analyze to repeat in my own kitchen.  It
was incredibly good - what a taste sensation!  I know part of that was
because, sadly,  it has oil in it, but I would be interested to see if anyone
can tell me how to do this without the oil.  The ingredients they list are:
firm tofu
sweet potato
pineapple
canola oil
sea salt
black pepper
jamaican jerk sauce
Also, is jerk sauce always vegetarian or could it contain other "stuff"?
Thanks in advance for comments/suggestions.
Ruth in Chicago 'Burbs, bracing for 6-12" of white fluff tonight