re: coffee (substitute)

> I have acid reflux and am looking for a hot drink for cold mornings.
> Coffee gives me indigestion, caffeine, tea, acid foods/drinks
> cause my acid reflux to act up.

Try "Instant Toffee".  One teaspoon of blackstrap molasses in a cup of
hot water. Delicious just plain, only 15 calories, no need to add
sweetener, but can be lightened, if desired, with soy milk, etc.
Lots of natural iron, vitamins, other good minerals.

Plain molasses doesn't work here, use only blackstrap molasses.
Start out with a level teaspoon in an 8 ounce cup of water, increase
or decrease the proportions to taste.