Re: Cooked Brown Rice Question

At 03:08 PM 12/7/00 -0500, RBrown9213@xxxxxxx wrote:
I always cook enough to keep on-hand during a week or so. However, I find
that after a few days the rice begins to smell "soured." Any suggestions on
keeping it "alive and well," or is the cold storage life of rice limited to
just a couple of days?

If I think I won't use leftover rice up within a couple of days, I freeze it. I can't really tell any
difference in it after thawing and heating (usually done in the microwave).

Jenny Herl                  The world has enough for everyone's need, but not
jlherl@xxxxxxxxxx          enough for everyone's greed.
--attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)