Important information

Check out this site. I am not flaming anyone about gelatin, but I know
that there are folks on this list that may not be aware of its contents.

Gelatin is not even vegetarian......

http://doc.simplenet.com/VEGAN/faq.htm#gelatin

Is gelatin vegan?
Gelatin is made from the bones, hooves, and dried skin of horses, cows,
and pigs. Most
gelatins, including Kosher gelatins, are not vegan. According to Kosher
law, gelatin is not
considered "meat" because it is too "derivative". Some vegan
replacements for gelatin are
carrageenan, guar gum, and agar-agar. There are also companies that
produce vegan
fruit-flavored gelatin substitutes that are sold in natural food stores.