Buddah's Delight & Pasta

Yes, Buddah's delight is normally cooked in oil, that's why
I specified to order it without oil. But your comment
reminded me that there are other places where steamed
veggies can be ordered, say, with some kind of pasta.
Although many restaurants cook pasta with oil you can
request no oil there too.  WHY people think they have to
add oil to pasta to keep it from sticking is beyond me.  It
is SALT that prevents pasta from sticking, not oil.  All
that's required is about 1/4 tsp of salt and it will have
an effect on the starch that will prevent even a large
amount something as sticky as angel hair from clumping.
Before someone jumps on me about sodium, 1/4 tsp of salt in
a gallon of water is almost like having no salt at all and
it does not affect the way the pasta tastes.

Speaking of pasta, I've been making mine out of spelt
lately.  Delicious!  As anyone who has looked at spelt
products knows, they're kind of expensive.  But I've got a
home mill, so can mill the spelt, mix it, and have it
cooking within minutes of milling it.  Fabulous!

Bev

My Food Coach
"Successful Strategies"
http://www.myfoodcoach.com