the best choices of carbs

Hi!  I work out daily, and recently have been increasing  my mileage when I
run.  I know  carbohydrates will help my energy levels and improve my
performance (i.e. the usual "eat spaghetti the night before you run"
advice).  I try to stay away from carbs like white pasta, white bred, etc.
and eat whole wheat foods instead.  Does anyone have any favorite recipes
that would be a good source of these kind of carbohydrates they'd like to
share?  I appreciate any responses!

Chelsea