My package of sprouts came with the following information:
"The FDA recommends that seeds for sprouting be soaked for 5 minutes prior
to sprouting in warm water of pH 6-7 with household bleach (%% sodium
hydrochloride solution) at the rate of 1 oz. of bleach to 10 ounces of
I have never done anything like that. Anyone any opinions?
The rest of the directions are as follows:
1. Soak 1-2 Tablespoons of seeds per quart of water for 6-8 hours.
2. Drain away the soak water.
3. Rinse seeds in fresh water and drain.
4. Grow in dark space.
5. Rinse and drain 2-3 times daily
6. Sprouts ready in 4-6 days.
Patty in AZ