protein shakes

Hi all,

Does anyone have any info on protein shakes?  Specifically Whey
Protein.  I have been having alot of hairloss and my sister is a nursing
student and her professors have told her that it is usually a protein
deficiency.  So I got myself some whey protein, but am now wondering if
I should have gotten some information on it first.  Is there anything
wrong with taking protein shakes instead of eating meat?

Olga