Re:Soaking Beans/eggplant recipe

thanks to everyone who answered. i am back to buying canned chick peas. i
think i will let my kids use the remaining dried peas for collages.
i do like fresh pintos. they always taste better than canned to me. at
least i now know.
i am making this eggplant spread for thanksgiving:
Smoky Baba Ganoush

1 medium eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons bottled balsamic vinaigrette (i am using straight balsamic
vinegar)
1/2 salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Heat oven to 375.
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Score flesh side with fork. Place halves,
skin side down on baking pan.
Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until eggplant is softened. Let cool.
Scrape eggplant flesh into food procecessor. Add garlic and balsamic, salt
and pepper. Process until the mixture is smooth.
Serve with pitas, crackers or crudites.

--lisa
>i think if you think something does not smell good, don't eat it!  that's
just a
>rule of thumb.  also, i happen to prefer canned chick peas to the home soaked
>version as i can never seem to get the right consistency w/soaking.
although i