Heartbeat restaurant

Hi Aiko,

My husband and I went to NYC for the first time a couple of
months ago and I, too, did lots of restaurant research on the
web to find vlf places.  I was so thrilled to find a place like
Heartbeat!  It was a great place and the best meal we had
in NYC, I think.  Heartbeat is definately not a vegetarian
restaurant, although, if I remember correctly, they had
several vegetarian appitizers and entrees.  I am not a
vegetarian, so I had a fish dish which was just great.
It was so refreshing to just order off the menu for a change
knowing that there was no oil, no butter, no cream, etc..
AT ALL involved in the dish.
(When we go out to nice places I usually have to
server as to which dish he/she can prepare with
no oil or butter and it's a real rigamarole- especially
if the server asks: 'are you allergic or why can't you have
oil', or ' but there are only 2 tablespoons of olive oil
in this dish and that's the GOOD oil').  I always call
ahead now, but didn't have to at Heartbeat!

Since I am not a vegetarian, but do eat vlf, we went to alot
of places that had seafood while in New York.
One vegetarian place I wish we would have tried was
Zen Palate.  I read some good things about it.  I think
there are 2 or 3 Zen Palates in Manhattan, one of which
is near the theater district.

Enjoy New York City!
Pam D