Marinated Tofu Steak with Papaya Salsa

I came across this recipe today. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds
perfect for a 4th of July barbie!

Marinated Tofu Steak with Papaya Salsa

Ingredients for Tofu Steak and Marinade

2/3 cup white wine or vegetable stock
1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
1 small jalapeno, chopped fine
2 tablespoons ginger
5 crushed cloves garlic
1 1/2 pounds tofu, cut into 8 steaks (Mori-Nu Lite)

Ingredients for Papaya Salsa

1 large papaya cut into small diced pieces
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Chopped jalapeno from the marinade
1/2 finely chopped red onion
1/4 diced avocado (optional)

Method for Marinade

Mix marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Marinate the tofu in the
marinade mixture for at least 45 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.

Method for Papaya Salsa

Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and salt and pepper to
taste. Set aside.

Heat a grill or saute pan and lightly mist with oil or saute liquid. Saute
or grill the tofu steaks while you brush with the marinade ingredients
until lightly done. Serve two steaks over brown rice with the Papaya salsa.

Yield: 4

Leanne M. Reidy
Internet Business Consultant
Insync Internet Services, Inc.