getting in your 5 a day

Jennifer,
I eat so much in the way of veggies each day that I have to laugh at the 5 a
day plan, I often get 5 per meal.

Here are some suggestions:
take to work lunches:

a giant salad, start with some lettuce, add 1/2 cucumber, chopped; a couple
stalks of celery, sliced;  a carrot, grated or sliced thin;  bell peppers
cut into strips;  jicama;  tomato; radishes; whatever looks appealing in the
produce section.  You can make up a big bag of this, just leave out anything
wet, such as tomatoes, and several days worth in the fridge.

Then add some cooked beans, canned it fine, kidney, garbanzo, whatever you
like.  I also like to add cubed cooked potatoes.  Dress as you like, and you
have a great lunch.

Or, make a veggie stew, cook some brown rice,  and freeze portions in lunch
size containers.  Heat up in the microwave.

Veggie stew;
in a heavy pot, sauté one onion, one minced carrot, and one stick celery,
minced , sauté all in 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or apple juice for 5
minutes,  Add 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 teaspoon dried oregano or thyme.
Then add cubed veggies, anything you like, such as, green beans, potatoes,
carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, sweet potatoes,
cauliflower, frozen peas, in winter add rutabaga, parsnips.  Add water to
barely cover, season with a bit of powdered veggie broth mix and black
pepper.

Or make a stir fry.  Just "fry" in wine or broth instead of oil, and serve
over rice, or quinoa, etc.

Best of luck,
Jan G