Here is a crockpot receipe that I worked on several years ago.
Slit Pea-Barley Vegetable Soup
These directions are for a Crockpot but you could cook this soup on the
top of the stove.
1. Add 1 qt. of water to the Crockpot.
2. Add 2/3 cup rinsed split peas, 1/3 cup Barley and 1 cup sliced carrots
(if instant barley, add to step 6).
3. Cover and cook on high for about two hours.
4. Add 1 more qt. of water, 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions, 3/4 cups
diced celery, 1 can of corn(or frozen corn) and 1 1/2-2 cups diced
5. Cover and simmer on high until vegetables are almost done (~2 hours).
6. Season: 1 teas. onion powder, 1 teas. basil, 1/2 teas. garlic powder, 1
teas salt and
1/2 teas. pepper (or to taste). Simmer 1/2 hour more.
Adapted from several receipes from "Eat to Your Health" by Shirley Venden
and then tested and rewritten several times by Don Stowe
Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher
Click here to email me ---> mailto:destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at---> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/
Sent via Eudora 3.1 on a Mac 840av