Zucchini - Summer Squash

I've been away for quite awhile - but when I read all the zucchini recipes,
I couldn't help adding this one. I don't think I ever posted it before -
but If this is a duplicate, please excuse .   Patty in AZ

This is a really good, old, favorite for using up summer squash. You can
also use a combination of zucchini, yellow squash, and chopped Swiss chard.

California Quiche (California Quickie)

1 pound summer squash, chopped (about 2 med.)
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs (I used Egg Beaters)
1 12/ - 2 cups grated fatfree cheese (cheddar is nice, or Swiss for a
milder flavor)
1/2 teaspoon each oregano and basil
salt and pepper to taste

Steam squash and onion about 15 minutes. Do not oversteam. Drain well.
Meanwhile beat eggs; add grated cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
Mash squash, don't puree as chunks are good; add to eggs.
Pour into a Pam sprayed baking dish and bake covered in 325-350F oven until
set - 30 to 40 minutes. Serves 4.

VARIATION: Add tofu or any leftover cut up food.