Smelly Asoefatida

Andy wrote:

". . . when it arrived it smelled so awful, I can say without fear that it was
the most repugnant smell my DH and I have ever smelled in our lives. . . "

I agree with this.  My solution was to use garlic instead (you know it is
called the stinking rose!)  I wonder if it is just what we are used to-many
people think garlic really reeks and can't stand that smell, but I love it.