Re: What is wild yeast?

on Mon, 11 Jan 1999 01:18:57 EST, Shanaries@xxxxxxx wrote
>I am on a candida yeast kill diet right now...while at the market this
>afternoon, I noticed some sourdough bread that claims to be yeast free, yet it
>mentions using "natural wild yeast". Can anyone explain? I am fairly new to

I am not familiar with the specific diet, but I can say sourdough bread
definitely contains yeast.  It is not the comercial yeast one can buy at
the store, but wild yeasties gathered from the air.  I think the label
boarders on false advertising.  You may want to check with the manufacturer
or your doctor about specifics.

Ralph

Ta I won da cheesy poofs!
-South Park