3 fat free recipes

My wife and I have been enjoying the Fatfree Digest and all the recipes
that you people have been entering for the last 7 months.  It has help us
in eating and making healthy choices in our meals.  We would like to share
a couple of our recipes with the group.

	ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD
3 ounces dry angel hair pasta
1 pound asparagus, cut diagonally into 2 inch pieces (I got 10 	ounces
after breaking off the tough lower stalks)
3 ounces red onion, sliced and quartered (about 1/2 cup)
6 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
1 cup unsweetened frozen blackberries, thawed
3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
2 Sweet n'Low packets (or 1 tablespoon sugar if you prefer)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fat free Italian dressing
couple twists of ground pepper
Break pasta into one to one and one-half inch pieces. Cook in boiling water
for about 5 minutes or until done the way you like them. Rinse with cold
water and set aside.  Place onions and asparagus in steamer and steam about
6 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well.  Stir asparagus and onions
into the pasta and add the rest of the ingredients. Chill well. This makes
approximately 4 cups. One cup equals 155 calories of which 10 are fat
calories.

	BUTTERSCOTCH BAGEL PUDDING

1 large cinnamon raisin bagel (4.3 ounces) (I used Sueanns')
butter-flavored spray
2 cups diced apples (7.5 ounces)
1/4 cup Grape Nuts cereal
1/2 teaspoon black walnut extract
2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 package (4-serving size) Sugar-Free, Fat-Free, Instant
Butterscotch Pudding and Pie Filling

Cut the bagel into 1/2 inch cubes. Spray them lightly with the butter
spray. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes in a 350/ preheated
oven. Place the cubes in a 1 and 1/2 quart square  baking dish.  Add the
apples, Grape Nuts and nuts. Toss lightly.  In a large mixing bowl combine
the milk, egg substitute and vanilla. Beat with a wire whisk until well
blended. Add the pudding mix and cinnamon. Whisk until well blended. Pour
over the bagel mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Serve
warm or chilled. Top with fat-free whipped topping or sugar-free maple
syrup. 1/8 without topping equals 135 calories. (approximately 6 calories
in fat-depending on nuts you use)

	HOFFMAN FAMILY BAKED BEANS
2 pounds of dried Great Northern navy beans
1 medium onion (about 14 ounces), chopped
1 and 1/2 cups water
one tablespoon of hickory smoke salt
1 tablespoon of hickory smoke salt
1/2 cup dark molasses
1 cup catsup
1/2 cup brown sugar
Cover beans with water and soak overnight. Drain off the water. Add the
onions, and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and bake at 350 / for 2 to 3 hours,
stirring occasionally until beans are tender. Add more water if the beans
are getting too dry. Stir in the molasses, catsup and brown sugar. Bake an
additional 30 minutes until beans are nicely browned.
1/2 cup equals 85 calories

	BARLEY STUFFED PEPPERS
1 cup water
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced carrot
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup pearl barley
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 cups grated zucchini
2 egg whites
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Hunt's original)
6 green bell pepper halves
Add onion, carrots, garlic, bullion, salt, poultry seasoning and barley to
water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir
in the zucchini, egg whites and barbecue sauce. Remove seeds from pepper
halves and place the peppers in a steamer or microwave. Steam for 5
minutes. Fill halves with the barley mixture and bake at 350/ for 40
minutes or until the filling is firm. Add more barbecue sauce, if desired.
1 pepper half is approximately 130 calories without added sauce.

Hope you enjoy these recipes as well as we enjoyed all the recipes this
site has brought to us.