nonfat milk solids

Fatfree members:

Can anyone tell me what are nonfat milk solids?  I'm reading 'Baking Without
Fat' by George Mateljan and in it he keeps referring to "nonfat milk solids"
for many of the recipes.  Also, does anyone know where I can purchase nonfat
milk solids?  Is it under another name at the grocery store?  How do you
keep/store/make it?  And by chance, is there such a thing as nonfat soy or
rice milk solids?  Lots of questions, but any information would be very
appreciated.

Thanks,

--Paula