Iron

Hi everyone.

I'm a usually a lurker, due to time constraints,  but I was wondering if
anyone can help me.  My mother is quite ill at the moment, mainly stress
problems and is severely anemic.  She is allergic to meat and is
very worried about putting on weight so...

Can anyone suggest some meals which are VERY high in iron (and vitamin C),
easy to prepare, relatively inexpensive and can either be kept for a few
days in the fridge, or frozen?  I'm doing some research into high in iron
foods, but if any of you have had anemia problems, how did you solve them?
She's already taking iron suppliments but they don't seem to be making
much of a difference and I feel that food changes will probably be more
important.... she doesn't eat well at the moment.