Dairy-free Berry Bars

I found this recipe in my files, but I don't remember who I got it from. With
a few minor adjustments, it was delicious.

Dairy-Free Berry Bars

1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
2-1/4 cups frozen mixed berries or blueberries, thawed and drained
1/2 cup Lite Mori-Nu tofu, crumbled
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 Tb raw wheat germ
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup FF soy milk

In a mixer, blend honey or maple syrup with applesauce and the flour. Divide
the dough in half. (It will be sticky.) Spray a 9 x13 inch pan with cooking
spray and press 1/2 of the dough into the bottom.
Tip: Since the dough will be very sticky,  dip your hands into cool water,
shaking off the excess, and then spread the dough.  This  makes spreading
easier. Sprinkle the berries evenly over the dough.

Put the remaining dough back into your mixer and mix in the tofu, cinnamon,
wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and soy milk. Spread the thick dough
over the berries, covering them as best you can.
Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes.
Cool and slice.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.
Jan Bennicoff