Re: Bean sprouts

John:

To sprout beans I use a (brown) wide mouth, glass canning jar, with a piece of
screen cut to the size of the opening. Secure the screen with a rubber band or
screw top closure ring. After I wash and sort thru the beans I soak them for a
few hours.

I lay the jar on it's side at 90 degrees (some people suggest 45 degrees.)

I think your "opportunity" (there are no such things as problems) is rinse and
drain your spouts every 8 - 12 hours while they are geminating in cool water.
When you rinse them try not to mix them up they do better, if they are
undisturbed they will produce bigger roots.

In addition, here are a few websites that I thought you might find helpful.

http://www.sproutpeople.com/mung.html - Sprouting Mung Beans - The Sprout
People
http://www.chetday.com/sprouts.html - A Brief Overview and How to Sprout
http://www.xmg.com/sprouts.htm (Lots of sprout links) - XMG Resources