Souprecipe Site

Hello everyone,
   In my search to try and explain what Passata is :0)))) I came across
this site.

You may have to make some adjustments but there are lots of good recipes
there.I give an example below.(I have changed it slightly to make
fatfree) They are also accepting recipes for 2 new sites they have
starting shortly :- Salads and Vegetarian.
Regards
Maralyn

Black Bean Vegetable Soup

Submitted by:  DeeDee

                                                   A nice spicy soup.

                       Ingredients:

                            1 onion, chopped
                            1 clove garlic, minced
                            2 carrots, chopped
                            2 teaspoons chili powder
                            1 teaspoon ground cumin
                            4 cups vegetable stock
                            2 cans (14 ounces each) black beans,
drained                             and rinsed
                            1 can (7 ounces) corn kernels
                            1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
                            1 can (10 ounces) stewed tomatoes

                       Directions:

1.   In large saucepan,  cook onion, garlic, and carrots in some veg.
stock stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, 1
can of the beans, corn, and pepper; bring to boil.

2.   Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes
and remaining can of beans; add to pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer
for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.

Makes 6 -8 servings