hummus

Here's the one I like -- most of you probably all ready have it in the
cookbook, but just in case.

Hummus (from Dean Ornish's Everyday Cooking)

1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbonzo beans) (I used dried which I soaked
overnight then cooked with a bay leaf, and no salt, until they were tender)
2 TBS lemon juice
1/4 t ground cumin
1 small garlic clove, minced
pinch cayenne pepper
2 TBS minced parsley (I used 1 t dried)
1 TBS minced red onion

Drain chickpeas, reserving juice. Do not rinse. Transfer peas to a food
processor or blender and blend with 1/2 cup reserved chickpea juice, lemon
juice, cumin, garlic and cayenne. Add parsley and red onion and pulse
briefly just to mix.

Serving size: 1/2 cup
Calories: 134.5
Fat: 2.1 g