Pepper Slaw

This recipe was taught to me by a young man I met from Reading, Pa. and has
remained a summer time
favorite of mine ever since. I myself added the fresh grated ginger and love
the results, but you could leave it out. This salad takes on a bolder taste
as it sits and  it can sit for almost three weeks, refrigerated in a closed
container and still be crisp and delish !
A food processor makes quick work of the grating involved tho I have done it
by hand also.

1 small head cabbage - grated as for slaw
1 medium carrot         - grated finely
1 green bell pepper      - cut into thin strips or chopped in small cubes

1 red bell pepper  ( same as above )
1 - 4 inch piece daikon radish - grated finely
1 - 1inch fresh ginger root       - grated finely

Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to blend.
In a separate bowl, mix together the following dressing/marinade then pour
over cabbage and mix well .
1 cup apple cider  vinegar
1/4 cup sugar ( or equivalent sweetener to taste )
( brown sugar works well too depending on your taste  )
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard ( or course grain mustard )
( I love mustard so I use more )
aprox 1/4 to 1/2 teas salt and course ground pepper to taste.

I hope those who try will like this salad as much as I enjoy it !
Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going!"
~ stay tuned and stay in touch ~~