black beans

I can't find black beans in the supermarket where I am and don't have a
health food store nearby.  Are they kidney bean size or more like adzuki
size? What would be a good substitution for black beans in casseroles
etc?  They also seem to feature in dips as well. Same sub?  Actually,
black eyed peas are a bit hard to find as well (although I do know what
they look like). What would be a good sub for these as well.
thanks for any info.
                          Jenny