Re: Cast iron cookware

At 10:59 PM 9/8/98 -0500, Debbie Cowherd wrote:
>Jeanelle wrote:
>>[cast iron dutch ovens] are only to be found in antique stores.  The
>cheapest he has found was
>>$90.
>
>Actually, cast iron dutch ovens and other cookware are still being made.
>There are quite a few suppliers on the internet, such as
>http://www.lodgemfg.com where the dutch ovens run from about $30 for a 5
>quart size to $60 for a 10 quart.  Not too bad for a lifetime investment.

I got a set of 3 cast iron pans for $9 from Macy's of all places.  Look
around, I'm sure that you can find some good prices at local kitchen shops
or department stores.

Monica  hstrynut@xxxxxxxxx  ICQ #2120658
Aging disgracefully, and proud of it!
Alabama 38  BYU 31   Virginia 19  Auburn 0  BWAHHAHHHH!
My cool site of the month:  http://www.npr.org