Here is a variation of a receipe I got off the list a year ago or so.
I've been experimenting with this and now I think I have it right.
Don's Soup For One
1 Redskin potato cut up into chunks. Or use any potato you have on hand.
1 ear of corn with the kernals cut off- or just add some frozen corn
1/3 medium onion cut into small slices
A couple of shakes of Basil-basil is my favorite soup spice.
A couple shakes of garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a soup sized Microwave covered dish and zap in the
Microwave for 5 minutes.
2. Check to see if potatos are done, if not zap 2 or 3 more minutes.
3. Mash the potatoes somewhat and add enough water to bring the
level of liquid near the top of dish.
4. Microwave for 2 more minutes being careful not to boil the stuff
5. Remove from Microwave, add crackers and enjoy-- be careful and
don't burn your fingers as it's very hot.
Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher