soup with blackeyed peas

I spent the cold and windy afternoon handing out water for an Alzheimer's
walk; when I got home, I was delighted I'd been simmering black-eyed peas all
day so I added what was in the fridge that looked good (my first try at
exporting from Master Cook; hope it works):

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Black-eye pea soup

Recipe By:	Judith
Serving Size:	10?

Amount	Measure	Ingredient	Preparation Method
2	cups	black-eyed peas	soaked overnight
1		onion	chopped
2		carrots	peeled and sliced
2	stalks	celery	sliced
2	cups	kale	chopped
		tabasco sauce
		salt

Simmer black-eye peas until tender in 8-10 cups of water.  Cook celery and
carrots together (microwave with some of the soup stock) until tender, add to
soup.  Sautee onion carefully in some of the soup stock, add to soup.  Add
kale, tabasco and salt to taste, simmer 30 minutes.
	?????
Notes:	Actually, I didn't measure anything.
	Per serving: 107 Calories; less than one gram Fat (4% calories from fat); 7g
Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 17mg Sodium

Next time I might put in tomato paste or sauce (don't like chopped tomatoes
much), more tabasco or equivalent; in a day or two I may stretch it out with
some rice.  Next I need to think up some things to do with all the fennel seed
my overgrown doorside fennel has provided.  Ideas?
thanks, Judith
_____