Elmers Glue

Fiona, when I was little the glue we used in school was also made by Elmers, but wasn't white.  My mother called it 'musiledge' or 'mucelege' or some weird name like that...
It was a pale translucent beige colour and a bit more 'gooey' than white glue.  It also had a wedged rubber top for spreading.  Perhaps this type of glue may be good for a 'flubber' texture, if you are able to get it.

Hope my two cents' worth helps!

Sharon

Sharon McCleave BSc(Hons)Ost.
Reg'd Osteopath

Ontario Osteopathic and Rehabilitation Centre