hearty soup recipe

Found this recipe in my local paper and adapted it. It's very thick and
hearty, and VERY easy. Enjoy. Bette

Refried Bean Soup

1 large onion (1 cup chopped)
1 medium green bell pepper ( 1 cup chopped)
2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
1 can (14.5 oz) ff vegetable broth, low sodium
1 can (14.5 oz) low sodium stewed tomatoes
1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15.5 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (16 oz) fat-free refried beans
1/4 tsp ground cumin (I added more!)
black pepper to taste

Saute onions in 4.5 qt Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Seed and
coarsely chop the bell pepper, adding it to the skillet. Raise heat to
medium high, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add
garlic, broth and stewed tomatoes and stir. Raise heat to high. Add black
and kidney beans to soup pot. Stir in refried beans and cumin. Stir well.
Cover and let soup come to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally
for 5 to 7 minutes or until ready to serve. Serves 4. (My notes: I didn't
add the green peppers or the black pepper at the end and it was fine.)