Quick 'n easy broth

Today, I came across a product called "No Chicken Broth."  It's okay, but
lacks that real homemade quality.  Besides, it's about three bucks for a
quart of the stuff.  Besides, it contains oil.  Still, it's low-fat.

So this is the recipe I whipped up, and it will probably look familiar to
some of you who make your own soups:

1 quart water
1 large carrot, sliced diagonally
2 stalks celery (one if it's large)
1/2 large onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic
some parsley
pinch of sea salt (optional)

I cooked it in a small pressure cooker for just a few minutes, but could
have just as easily simmered it for 30 minutes or so on top of the stove in
a covered pot.

Then I put it all in a Vita-Mix for about 30 seconds, just long enough to
homogenize the broth.

Beverly Kurtin
"Bev's Cooking 'n Eating Show"
www.kurtin.com