"Bettah than Buttah" for baked potatoes

When Smart-Beats took their truly fat free margarine off the
market (and replaced it with one high in fat but labeled
"Better than Fat Free") I had to try to invent a butter-like spread
for my baked potatoes.  Here's what I came up with:

2 ounces low-fat soy milk*
1 T Butter Buds or Molly McButter
1 t cornstarch (dissolved in cool soy milk)

Mix thoroughly while over low heat or 10-second microwave bursts.
Adjust for desired thickness, but tastes better and keeps potato
more moist when consistency is slightly runny.

* I use "Better than Milk?" Light powdered soy milk, mixed
according to the container directions. It is not sweetened and
enhances the butter-flavor.

One serving has 21 calories, about 8 percent calories from fat
(0.12 g fat, 4 g carbohydrate and about 1 g of protein).
180 mg sodium.

Can be combined in a blender with fresh chopped garlic or garlic
powder to make "Garlic-Buttah" for a fat free garlic bread.

Recipes are not copyrightable, and we are happy to share them.
Giving credit to the Healing Heart Foundation (or the Healthy Heart
Handbook) would be appreciated.
Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM