Re: Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Recipe (already in archive)

Hi, I don't know about lemon poppyseed cake but I have a recipe for
lemon poppyseed muffins. It's in the archive already, I think. (Recipe
was based on a scone recipe from Christel Reeve

    Lemon Poppyseed muffins

	   Mix in one bowl:
		  2 1/2 c. flour
		  1/4 c. sugar
		  2 t. baking  powder
		  1 t. baking soda
		  1/2 t. salt
		  grated rind of 1 -2 lemon (use 2 if you use plain yogurt)
		  2 T. poppy seed (I find this is the minimum you can use and still
						     keep the right taste)
	   Mix in a separate bowl:
		  1 t. lemon extract
		  1 egg equivalent
		  1 8oz container of fatfree yogurt (plain is OK, but lemon is better)
		  1/2 to 3/4 cup orange juice

	  Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.  Try to use as few
	  strokes as possible.  Use a scoop or tablespoon to put batter into
	  prepared muffin tins. (I made mini-muffins). Use Pam or nonstick
	  muffin pans. Bake in preheated 350F oven until passes the toothpick test.
	  I'm not really sure about the cooking time for larger muffins because
	  I made mini ones this weekend so you probably need to see for
	  yourself.

		  mini-muffins: about 9 minutes or until golden brown
		  regular or giant muffins: probably about 15 minutes.