breadmachine ideas

Amy wrote:

>recently purchased a bread machine, and would love to hear of any recipes for
>FF or nearly FF breads.

I purchased a breadmaker about a month ago and have obtained a great amount
of pleasure from it...not to mention some great bread!

The first few loaves I made without any fat or substitutions.  The bread is
delicious but much more dense than a store-bought loaf.  Today I tried
using plain ff yoghurt as a sub and the texture was very soft.  I would
suggest that's the way to go if you prefer the lighter texture.

The recipes that came with my particular maker (Black and Decker) all call
for 3 tsp. of yeast.  On occasion my loaves have started to collapse and I
wonder if I should be using the standard '1 envelope' (2 1/4 tsp) measure
of yeast instead, on the understanding they are rising too fast.  Has
anyone else experimented with yeast measurements?

Enjoy your bread maker, Amy!

Sharon McCleave  M.R.O., M.G.O.
Reg'd Osteopath

Ontario Osteopathic and Rehabilitation Centre