Re: Tofu in lasagne

>Hi, I have another question for those of you who are vegan. I love lasagna,
>but don't eat cheese. Has anyone tried making it with tofu instead of the
>ricotta? If so can you post a recipe?
>Jan Bennicoff

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this mailing list and it looks fantastic!!
As to lasagne, I have a fantastic vegan recipe that I have adapted from a
vege moussaka recipe.  I have tried it both with a white cheese sauce and
a tofu sauce and found both are nice.  Hope you like it, Jan.

2 cups green/brown lentils
I tin crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 cloves garlic
Italian herbs
1 packet lasagne sheets (wholemeal is best)
Silken tofu (amount varies depending on size of dish)
1 tsp paprika
Bread crumbs

Soak and cook lentils.  Drain.  Add lentils, tomatoes, paste, garlic and
herbs to saucepan and cook 10 minutes until hot.
Layer alternately with lasagne sheets, finishing with lentil mixture on top.
Mash silken tofu in a bowl and add paprika to taste.  Spoon over lasagne.
Top with bread crumbs. Bake in oven at 350-400 for about 30 minutes.
Being ovo-lacto, I usually top this recipe with a white sauce with paprika
and a little low-fat parmesan cheese.
My non-veg, high-fat-loving husband had a taste last time I made it and
said he'd even eat it.  :)

Cheers,
Robyn