Just Veggies, Penzey's Toasted onion flakes

I think I remember hearing that 'Just Veggies' are made by
freeze-drying veggies, something most of us cannot do.

They are yummy though, and I saw a hot version, made with jalapeno, in
the store recently but did not buy them.

On another note, I bought some toasted onion flakes from Penzey's and
I think that they're ff. They say you can just add it to food you are
cooking. No rehydration necessary if food contains a lot of
moisture. Gets around that saute step but still gives you the
sweetness. Has anybody else tried them?

jayne