Missent Post

Shitake Mushrooms, try them in Miso Soup. Or anywhere you would use Button
Mushrooms, just use less. The dried ones are also nice and can be
reconstituted easily. I had somme other thoughts but I realize they arent low
fat. Well, as an omelette filling..water-saute them with shallots and herbs.

URL to the nutrients guide is actually availablle at the Fat Free Archive
Site. But here it is again anyway :)
<A HREF="http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl";>Search the USDA
Nutrient Database for Standar...</A> or
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

<<Rutabegas (also known as Swedes) are larger, pale yellow or orange.  They
are a cross between a turnip and a cabbage.  Around here they are
generally sold waxed, with the leaves removed, are valued for their long
storage ability, and although they are ok when cooked, taste pretty
terrible raw.  >>

I have to say something in defense of Rutabags :). The ones sold all waxed are
indeed quite "sour". But, if you have access to the fresh ones, I get them at
the Greenmarket in NYC or at health food stores when they are in season, most
of the winter, They are Delicious! ..And, Excellent raw! I use them in a
cooking class, and suggest people use them in Crudite's . The waxed ones..ccan
be as old as 2 or 3 years..They really are horrible :(  But the non treated
onees..Are, imho, much much better than their cousin the Turnip.
  Thats all for now :)
Will look around for some ff  desserts.. I know lots of vegan, no sugar ones,
but ff is harder.
                                             Merrick