Liquid Smoke

Maralyn,
	You can eat baked sweet potatoes plain or sweetened (maple syrup on them
is heavenly) for something dessertish, or put salt & pepper and even Butter
Buds on them for a not-so-sweet dish.  They're wonderful tasting and
nutrition-packed, as nearly all squashes are.
	I'm thinking "buttnut" should really be "butternut", although the former
is a lot funnier (okay, I know my sense of humor should have progressed
beyond the 4 year-old stage by now, but what can you do?). ;^P
	I slip a little liquid smoke into all sorts of things.  In soups,
especially those with beans, it makes people feel as though you've cooked
some ham or smoked ham hocks with the mixture.  In gravies and sauces, a
few drops gives them that "je ne said quoi" that makes people rave.  I'm
sure there are many other possibilities, too.

Jane
-------------------------------
>a) sweet potatoes
>b)buttnut (should that be butternut?)squash
>c)acorn squash
>d)bird eye chillies
>e) liquid smoke
>But I don't know what to do with them.

>Regards
>Maralyn

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA