asparagus ends

I thought the asparagus end soup sounded really good and also enterprising,
but I want to share a tip of Julia Child's.  The ends can be peeled with a
potato peeler.  Underneath the hard skin is more tender asparagus. Some of
the bottom will have to be cut off, depending on how dried out they are.
Start thin and only cut off what is not green.  Peeling them can be time
consuming,  but you get more asaragus in the process.  Those little ends
can mean all the difference between having ones asparagus cravings
satisfied or not.